2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Life & Deer Hunting
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
- Trapping Predators Boosts Nest Success
- Controlling Tick Populations
- Quality Food Plots
- Hunting Tips For Late Season Success
- Trapping Tips & Techniques
- Why Bucks Shed Their Antlers
- Deer Hunting: Your Best Management Tool
- Keys to Hunting Success in the Post Rut
- Trapping Now, Turkeys Later
- Prepare For A Second Surge
- How Mature Bucks Use The Wind
- 5 Reasons You Should Film Your Hunt
- Let the Chasing Begin!
- Tough Hunting Conditions
- Got Nighttime Deer Movement?
- The Power Of Doe Patterns
- New Developments!
Here are Dr. Grant Woods’ answers to hundreds of viewer questions on deer hunting, whitetail management, food plots, deer biology and more. This page is designed to be a resource for all hunters.
We are not accepting new questions at this time as the Team is busy with habitat improvement projects. Please search these questions and answers as many subjects have been addressed. In addition, communicate with us via our social media pages!
If you have a question, please browse through the Q&A categories below to find an answer. Simply type in your current question or phrase to review the questions Grant has previously answered on your topic.
Search the Questions & Answers
Latest Questions and Answers
- Can you tell the gender of a deer by their droppings?
- Can body injuries impact a whitetail buck's antler growth?
- Does providing supplemental feed to deer offer more advantages than disadvantages?
- Is the DAI (Deer Activity Index) still available?
- Is it likely deer would be infected with A. Pyogene through the use of protein feeders?
- View all 229 questions →
- How often do you use Roundup to control weeds in Eagle Seeds Big Fellow beans?
- Are soybeans better for deer than clover?
- When should I plant brassicas in Minnesota?
- What food plot blend should I plant considering I'm surrounded by corn and soybean crops on neighboring properties?
- Will clover germinate well if broadcast into CRP fields?
- View all 504 questions →
- Will you help me and my family do a prescribed fire on our land in Wisconsin?
- Would using prescribed fire in planted pines or hardwood produce the browse?
- How long should I wait to cut trees after using the hack and squirt method?
- Should we clear junipers from our land in the Texas Hill Country?
- What herbicide should be used to control Eastern Red Cedars?
- View all 187 questions →
- What herbicide should I use to kill moss?
- Can bush honeysuckle be controlled by the hack and squirt method?
- Is it safe to use glyphosate 100 yards from a spring?
- What do you think about this research from some French scientists about rats eating GMO's.
- What herbicide do you use to kill trees?
- View all 51 questions →
How Old is This Buck?
- How large of a sanctuary should I create on the 50 acres I hunt in southeast Pennsylvania?
- How do you avoid spooking deer off your property?
- How to approach hunting a new property?
- Do you drive past food plots on the way to hunt?
- How can I get mature bucks to visit the six acres where I in St. Louis County during daylight hours?
- View all 286 questions →
- What should I do to attract deer to my property?
- What habitat improvements do you suggest for the 160 acres I hunt in Quincy, Florida?
- What should I do to improve the quality of cover after a widespread wildfire?
- What practices can be used to improve a 40 acre parcel of land in northern Wisconsin covered with mature trees?
- Do you think tree plots are a good tool?
- View all 14 questions →