2015's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Deer Management 101 – Dead Deer Don’t Grow
- 2015 Pre Season Scouting
- Broadcasting Seed Or Why I Like Rain During August
- Low Impact Scouting
- 4 Questions For A Realistic Hit List
- Manipulating Deer Travel Patterns
- Managing Bucks
- Food Plot Reminders: From Plants To Pocket Knives
- New Bucks Equals New Beginnings
- Tips To Avoid Ticks And Chiggers
- The Benefits Of Fruit Trees
- Small Food Plots For Big Results
- Bean Plot Damage
- Newborn Fawns: What To Do When You Find One
- Soybeans In Small Plots
- Spring Nesting And Wet Weather
- Antlers Are Back
- Spring Turkey Hunting: A Recipe To Treat Your Mother
- Turkey Nests And Predator Control
- Missouri Turkey Season: The Tools Of The Trade
Here are Dr. Grant Woods’ answers to hundreds of viewer questions on deer hunting, whitetail management, food plots, deer biology and more. This page is designed to be a resource for all hunters.
If you have a question, please first browse through the Q&A categories below to find an answer. Simply type in your current question or phrase to review the questions Grant has previously answered on your topic. If you do not see search results that sufficiently address your question then use the "Submit Question Here" feature.
Search the Questions & Answers
Latest Questions and Answers
- What can I do on 15 acres to help the local deer herd?
- Can I keep deer on the 80 acres I hunt in Alabama?
- How do I determine how many does to harvest?
- Should I try to grow mature deer on my 70 acres in Upstate South Carolina?
- Has the excess rain caused this doe from northern Missouri to be so thin?
- View all 90 questions →
- Will my crop grow if I broadcast the seed but don't drag or disk it in?
- Should I harvest the soybeans from my food plot?
- What does it mean to inoculate soybeans?
- How many pounds of Eagle Seed forage soybeans should I plant per acre in East Alabama?
- Do you have much experience with a throw and grow type seed blend?
- View all 316 questions →
How Old is This Buck?
- What time do you like to get into a stand in the morning?
- How should I approach my stand given I have to cross a giant field?
- Will deer cross a major river?
- Is there a difference in shot placement from a ground blind compared to a tree stand?
- How can I attract mature bucks to four acres?
- View all 144 questions →
Whitetail Habitat Management
- How much would it cost to have you develop a plan for the 40 acres where I hunt in Ohio?
- What should I do to maintain or increase the number of critters using my 55 acres northeast of Dallas?
- Do you use and/or recommend the hing cutting technique?
- What should I plant where the soil is very wet?
- Should I plant clover, rye, and turnips in the same plot?
- View all 119 questions →