We typically accept one intern during the spring and fall semesters and three or four during the summer. Interns are required to spend a minimum of ten full weeks at The Proving Grounds. Successful candidates are usually sophomores or juniors in college that are majoring in wildlife management or a closely related field.
Candidates during the spring and fall have the best odds of being accepted and get more one on one time with staff. Interns are expected to work alongside employees in tough field conditions.
It's strongly preferred that candidates can receive college credit for participating in the internship. There are no monetary or other benefits to this position except professional experience.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with GrowingDeer please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number (please specify if not your cell number)
- Desired Internship Dates
- College Currently Attending
- Declared Major
- College Transcript (unofficial or official)
- If this internship will qualify you to receive college credit
- References including a college advisor, past employer and a character witness (such as pastor, etc.). Provide full name, title/relationship and phone number for each reference.