You do not have to be a hunter to enjoy venison. This recipe is proof! Several members of my family do not hunt yet they all enjoy a good meatloaf. In fact, this recipe is my father Larry’s favorite.
Keep in mind recipes are just suggestions. This will work with your favorite meatloaf recipe. I would recommend you use part venison and part ground chuck. The ground chuck has more fat in it and keeps the venison moist. I shape these into mini-meatloaves because they cook in 30 minutes, quick enough for a workday supper.
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 1/3 cup milk
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 lbs. ground venison
1 lb. ground chuck
- Mix oatmeal with milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Shape into 10 to 12 mini meatloaves.
- Place on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook on grill over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 165 degrees).