Slow Cooker Venison Roast
Filed under: Recipes
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds) venison roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large carton beef or chicken broth
Place venison roast in lightly oiled slow cooker/crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. If there isn’t enough liquid to cover the roast, add water or additional broth. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Remove and discard the bay leaves before serving.
Note: You can easily add sliced carrots and potatoes on top of the roast to cook along with the meat. If you do this – drizzle a little olive oil on them along with a light sprinkle of salt, pepper, and very light sprinkle of garlic powder.