1 can beef consommé
½ onion, cut up
½ green pepper, cut into slices
3 cloves garlic, smashed open
1. Combine beef broth (1 ½ to 2 cups) with one can undiluted beef consommé.
2. Marinate venison in broth mixture for 6 – 8 hours.
3. Put venison marinade into electric skillet and bring to a boil; skim off any fat that rises to the surface.
4. Reduce heat to low (200 – 250 degrees) and add venison roast, onions, peppers and garlic. (If the roast is not completely covered with liquid, add more broth or water as necessary.)
5. Cook approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours.
6. Discard cooking liquid, onions, peppers and garlic.
7. Thinly slice the venison roast against the grain.
This post was originally shared on the GrowingDeer Facebook page. Click this link to read the original post and comments.