1 pound ground venison, cooked
½ pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
12 eggs, beaten
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
16 oz. small-curd cottage cheese
¼ cup melted margarine
3 cups shredded co-jack cheese
½ cup chopped onion, cooked until soft
4 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- Grease two 9-inch round baking dishes.
- Mix ground venison and breakfast sausage together evenly.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, flour and baking powder together thoroughly.
- Add cottage cheese, melted margarine, shredded cheese and onion to egg mixture.
- Spread sliced mushrooms into bottom of one dish.
- Spread ½ of meat mixture evenly into each dish.
- Spread ½ of egg mixture evenly into each dish. Dishes will be very full.
- Cook in 375 degree oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This recipe was inspired by the Warm You Up Sausage Quiche recipe here.