2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
- Trapping Predators Boosts Nest Success
- Controlling Tick Populations
- Quality Food Plots
- Hunting Tips For Late Season Success
- Trapping Tips & Techniques
- Why Bucks Shed Their Antlers
- Deer Hunting: Your Best Management Tool
- Keys to Hunting Success in the Post Rut
- Trapping Now, Turkeys Later
- Prepare For A Second Surge
- How Mature Bucks Use The Wind
- 5 Reasons You Should Film Your Hunt
- Let the Chasing Begin!
- Tough Hunting Conditions
- Got Nighttime Deer Movement?
- The Power Of Doe Patterns
- New Developments!
- The Changing Pattern Of Handy
How Humidity Affects Your Scent Control Strategy
Almost every whitetail hunter knows weather conditions can impact deer activity. Some of the hunts when I’ve seen the most deer active have been just before or just after a major change in the weather.
However, it seems few hunters consider how weather conditions impact the ability of deer to detect hunters. Most of us consider wind direction. We attempt to place our stands downwind of where we expect to see deer. However, there is another factor in addition to wind direction and speed that can be a big factor in whether we see deer from our stands…Read MORE HERE