2016's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Trapping Now, Turkeys Later
- Prepare For A Second Surge
- How Mature Bucks Use The Wind
- 5 Reasons You Should Film Your Hunt
- Let the Chasing Begin!
- Tough Hunting Conditions
- Got Nighttime Deer Movement?
- The Power Of Doe Patterns
- New Developments!
- The Changing Pattern Of Handy
- When Is The Best Time To Tag Does?
- How to Respond to Consistent Deer Movement
- How To Gain MRI
- Hunting When The Temperature Rises
- Fall Time Clover Management
- Time Released Food Plots
- Early Season Scent Reduction Tips
- How To Get Deer In Range: Scent Control Techniques
- The Center Of Attention
- Deer Hunting Strategies: Ponds
The Best Food Plot Crop, Pt. 1
When folks tour my farm they often ask why most of my food plots are planted with forage soybeans It’s easy to understand the question given the vast variety of food plot crops/blends available.
My goals for food plots are to:
- Provide deer with great nutrition so they may maximize their genetic potential to produce the best antlers or maximum number of healthy fawns.
- Attract deer to specific feeding locations.