2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Third Rule For Managing Deer And Growing Big Bucks
- Second Rule For Managing Deer And Growing Big Bucks
- The First Rule Of Deer Management
- Creating A Great Hunting Location
- Maximize The Growing Season!
- Preparing For Summer: Ticks
- The Benefits Of Roller Crimping
- The Power Of Cover Crops
- Burning Is For The Birds!
- Gobbler Getting Decoy Strategies
- Internships And Experience
- How To Get Great Turkey Pictures
- Scouting and Early Season Success
- 4 Ways You Can Improve Your Turkey Hunting Footage
- Advanced Trail Camera Tactics
- Providing Minerals for Deer Herd Health
- Soil Samples and Healthy Roots
- Life & Deer Hunting
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
The Best Food Plot Crop, Pt. 1
When folks tour my farm they often ask why most of my food plots are planted with forage soybeans It’s easy to understand the question given the vast variety of food plot crops/blends available.
My goals for food plots are to:
- Provide deer with great nutrition so they may maximize their genetic potential to produce the best antlers or maximum number of healthy fawns.
- Attract deer to specific feeding locations.