2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
- Trapping Predators Boosts Nest Success
- Controlling Tick Populations
- Quality Food Plots
- Hunting Tips For Late Season Success
- Trapping Tips & Techniques
- Why Bucks Shed Their Antlers
- Deer Hunting: Your Best Management Tool
- Keys to Hunting Success in the Post Rut
- Trapping Now, Turkeys Later
- Prepare For A Second Surge
- How Mature Bucks Use The Wind
- 5 Reasons You Should Film Your Hunt
- Let the Chasing Begin!
- Tough Hunting Conditions
- Got Nighttime Deer Movement?
- The Power Of Doe Patterns
- New Developments!
- The Changing Pattern Of Handy
The Best Food Plot Crop, Pt. 1
When folks tour my farm they often ask why most of my food plots are planted with forage soybeans It’s easy to understand the question given the vast variety of food plot crops/blends available.
My goals for food plots are to:
- Provide deer with great nutrition so they may maximize their genetic potential to produce the best antlers or maximum number of healthy fawns.
- Attract deer to specific feeding locations.