2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
- Trapping Predators Boosts Nest Success
- Controlling Tick Populations
- Quality Food Plots
- Hunting Tips For Late Season Success
- Trapping Tips & Techniques
- Why Bucks Shed Their Antlers
- Deer Hunting: Your Best Management Tool
- Keys to Hunting Success in the Post Rut
- Trapping Now, Turkeys Later
- Prepare For A Second Surge
- How Mature Bucks Use The Wind
- 5 Reasons You Should Film Your Hunt
- Let the Chasing Begin!
- Tough Hunting Conditions
- Got Nighttime Deer Movement?
- The Power Of Doe Patterns
- New Developments!
- The Changing Pattern Of Handy
Coyote and Deer
The tough winter conditions this year have caused deer stress throughout the whitetail’s range. Warmer temperatures are finally in the forecast for many states. The warmer temperatures will cause native and planted vegetation to grow and provide quality forage. Does this mean deer are now living stress free? No way! Spring green up means fawning season will occur soon and coyotes will be seeking and eating fawns. Coyote depredation on fawns probably varies by area, but has clearly been documented by several researchers in different states during the past few years. Click Here To Read More At Winchester.com