2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
- Trapping Predators Boosts Nest Success
- Controlling Tick Populations
- Quality Food Plots
- Hunting Tips For Late Season Success
- Trapping Tips & Techniques
- Why Bucks Shed Their Antlers
- Deer Hunting: Your Best Management Tool
- Keys to Hunting Success in the Post Rut
- Trapping Now, Turkeys Later
- Prepare For A Second Surge
- How Mature Bucks Use The Wind
- 5 Reasons You Should Film Your Hunt
- Let the Chasing Begin!
- Tough Hunting Conditions
- Got Nighttime Deer Movement?
- The Power Of Doe Patterns
- New Developments!
- The Changing Pattern Of Handy
Scouting After The Kill
This time of year most bucks are seeking the best food in their home range to recover from the rut. Does and fawns are seeking calories to maintain body heat and maintenance/growth. Both genders and all age classes of deer are seeking quality food. It’s time to change from rut season hunting strategies to stand locations that are based on the herd’s current preferred food sources. Read More At Winchester.com