2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Third Rule For Managing Deer And Growing Big Bucks
- Second Rule For Managing Deer And Growing Big Bucks
- The First Rule Of Deer Management
- Creating A Great Hunting Location
- Maximize The Growing Season!
- Preparing For Summer: Ticks
- The Benefits Of Roller Crimping
- The Power Of Cover Crops
- Burning Is For The Birds!
- Gobbler Getting Decoy Strategies
- Internships And Experience
- How To Get Great Turkey Pictures
- Scouting and Early Season Success
- 4 Ways You Can Improve Your Turkey Hunting Footage
- Advanced Trail Camera Tactics
- Providing Minerals for Deer Herd Health
- Soil Samples and Healthy Roots
- Life & Deer Hunting
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
Late-Season Strategies for Whitetails
I live and do a majority of my deer hunting in Missouri’s Ozark Mountains. Missouri offers bowhunters two buck tags. One tag is valid from Sept. 15-Jan. 15, with the exception of a nine-day, statewide gun season. The second tag is only valid after the statewide gun season, which usually closes just before Thanksgiving. That season/tag structure is one reason I enjoy hunting the late season. Read More At BowHunting Magazine….