2017's Most Watched
Grant's Recent Blog Posts
- Third Rule For Managing Deer And Growing Big Bucks
- Second Rule For Managing Deer And Growing Big Bucks
- The First Rule Of Deer Management
- Creating A Great Hunting Location
- Maximize The Growing Season!
- Preparing For Summer: Ticks
- The Benefits Of Roller Crimping
- The Power Of Cover Crops
- Burning Is For The Birds!
- Gobbler Getting Decoy Strategies
- Internships And Experience
- How To Get Great Turkey Pictures
- Scouting and Early Season Success
- 4 Ways You Can Improve Your Turkey Hunting Footage
- Advanced Trail Camera Tactics
- Providing Minerals for Deer Herd Health
- Soil Samples and Healthy Roots
- Life & Deer Hunting
- Fire, Habitat and Hunting
- The Late Winter Stress Period
Why Predator Control Matters For Deer Populations
It’s almost fawning season throughout most of the whitetails’ range. Many hunters don’t get as excited as I do about fawning season, but it is the key to hunts years from now. For example, my goals for the 2013 season include tagging a 4-year-old buck. My odds of success are strongly influenced by the number of male fawns that survived during spring of 2009. Bucks that will be 4 years old during 2013 were 3 years old during 2012, 2 years old during 2011, 1 year old during 2010 and were born during 2009. Read More At BowHunting Magazine….