Hunting during the early season can be tough. It is typically warm and humid, a scent cautious hunter’s worst nightmare. Despite the conditions there are a few techniques that can be used to reduce the amount of scent produced. Follow the tips below during early season for better success in the deer woods.
- Wear a lightweight t-shirt for the walk in.
- Wear a hiking boot instead of rubber boots, they are much cooler.
- Leave early, walk slow, and take breaks if needed to limit perspiration.
- Remove the t-shirt once you’ve arrived at the treestand and store in a scent tight bag.
- Apply field spray and use camp clothes once in the stand.